Joseph Osei
Dr. Joseph Osei (known as “Joe”) began his journey through life on August 23, 1951 in Kumasi, Ghana. He was the child of Joseph Francis Osei (Nana Owusu-Banahene, Ex-Kenyasehene) and Margaret Osei (Yaa Saahene). He was the first male born to the couple and third of eight children. In 1969, he was offered an academic scholarship to study medicine at Heidelberg University in Germany. In 1975, he moved to Arlington, Texas and began work at John Peter Smith Hospital as a Toxicologist. He later moved to El Paso, Texas and worked at Newark Methodist Hospital. He left for the Dominican Republic thereafter to attend Universidad Internacional Eugenio Maria de Hostos where he obtained his Doctor of Medicine Degree. He returned to Arlington, Texas and worked at Brooks Clinic in Fort Worth for several years. While there, he developed a passion for occupational medicine. His concern for the average blue color worker, particularly, those whose voices were unheard led him to found Med-Alert Industrial Health Clinic in Dallas, TX. He developed the company into a multi-million dollar occupational health service with locations in Dallas, Arlington, Haltom City and Fort Worth. Later, he founded Excel Occupational Health Clinic, Inc. in Dallas and Fort Worth. As an expert in occupational health, he often presented seminars to many of the area's companies about safety issues for employees. At the height of his professional career, Dr. Osei's clinics were the designated clinics to treat all “on-the- job injuries” for the city workers of Dallas, Arlington and Fort Worth. His clinics were also the designated clinics for employees of some of the major companies in Dallas/Fort Worth area, including D/FW International Airport and General Motors Plant in Arlington, Dr. Osei was part of a United States delegation to Cuba to examine the government's implementation of occupational health. He was also a member of a United States delegation to South Africa to study and provide recommendations on occupational health practices, primarily to the mining industry. In the latter part of his years, Dr. Osei stepped away from operating the clinics and began a venture into trading in the international commodities market Unfortunately, when it seemed his tireless efforts were about to yield fruits, he fell ill to cancer. Always, the ultimate optimist, Joe believed he would beat this terrible disease against all odds. Therefore, he continued to fight the disease and, actually provided comfort and laughter to the family, friends and even the medical staff who treated him and everyone who came in contact with him during the period of his illness. Sadly On January 18, 2016, Joe passed away peacefully in his sleep. Joe is survived by his wife, eight children, two grandchildren, numerous siblings, nieces and nephews. Wade Family Funeral Home Arlington, 817-274-9233

View current weather.

Memories Timeline

View the Timeline


Sign the Guestbook, Light a Candle

Sign the Guestbook